Well, the end of the regular season often brings football clubs and players busy times, and it appears the same is true for us here at The Daniel Wilkinson Foundation…… No, we’re not all off to Russia, but we do have a lot planned – It would be great to see loads of people out supporting us and DOING IT FOR DAN.
- Saturday 2 June – The Daniel Wilkinson Foundation 6-a-aside Tournament, South Holderness School, Preston. 3G Pitch 9 am – 5 pm Afterwards at The Station pub, Hedon for BBQ and more fundraising activities
- Sunday 10 June – Maldon Mud Race, Maldon, Essex
- Sunday 10 June – Hull Half Marathon
- Friday 15 June – Entertainment and fundraising night with the Society of M.I.C.E. New Walton Club, Walton Street Club, Hull 8 pm – 11 pm. £3 entry. Tickets available on the door or from The Foundation
- Saturday 16 June – The Daniel Wilkinson 6-a-side competition, Loughborough University. Organised by George Williams (MK Dons)
- Sunday 24 June – Humber Bridge Half Marathon
- Saturday 28 July – Tough Mudder, Skipton
- Wednesday 1 August – Shaw Lane v Hull City, Sheerien Park, Barnsley
- Thursday 9 August – Brighouse v Shaw Lane, The Daniel Wilkinson Memorial Match at Brighouse Town FC, Brighouse
A couple of years ago someone entered her into the London Marathon as a joke, there was no way she was going to attempt to do it.
Then the worst thing ever happened! Dan passed away suddenly. Just days later Helen received confirmation that she had a place in the marathon. She said straight away she was going to “do it for Dan”. She deferred her place for a year and now today is the day SHE WILL DO IT FOR DAN.
Thanks to everyone who has donated and supported her. This is one brave lady but we know Dan is going to be by her side every step of the way and will see her across the finish line.
Track her progress here (runner 17381) : http://results-2018.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/2018/?pid=tracking
We would like to thank everyone for the amazing support over the past 12 months but also the lovely messages we have all received today.
It’s been a hard day but 1 year on please raise a glass to Dan
‘To a night we’ll never remember, with the people we’ll never forget’
Friday 4th August 2017 will see the inaugural Daniel Wilkinson memorial cup between Brighouse Town and Shaw Lane AFC
On the … The Daniel Wilkinson Foundation held a chairty football match between the Ex-tigers of Hull City (where Dan was a youth player) and a Shaw Lane AFC XI.
The Ex-Tigers, brought togather by Dean Windass, included Ian Ashbee, Mark Greaves, Adam Lowthorpe, Justin Whittle and Lawrie Dudfield in their Squad.
Shaw Lane AFC, fresh of the back of their League and Cup double winning season were joined by some of Dan’s friends.